- CW: You look nice today.
- Me: Why, thank you.
- CW: I like that sweater. Now, you're not as old as me. Where'd you get that?
- Me: Nordstrom Rack.
- CW: Oh, well when I was your age we used to wear those. How old are you?
- Me: 26.
- CW: Oh I was younger than that. But you look nice. Very casual and cute but professional.
- Me: Thank you. I'm meeting some friends after work so I thought I should look half way decent in case there was a cute boy around.
- CW: Oh. You're not married? (Look of pity.) Well, you're young you have time.
- Believe it or not this is actually the first time I've had someone say that to me. I feel like I've officially reached an old age. I could be a character on Sex and the City now.
I’m going to blame this for my lack of shame when I heard myself say, “Oh, Sierra is great. She’s totally my girl crush.” Yes, Sierra is a classmate and was in the room.
There are way too many Republicans in my family.
“For though that woman may be as nature made her, she will look colorless among her brightened-up sisters.”
Yeah, this deserves an essay.
Now - call me crazy - but doesn’t having unprotected sex in a zombie apocalypse seem like an unintelligent decision to make? I mean, I’m sure being two hot living people without a taste for brains must bring people together, but reproducing can’t be safe.
That’s when I knew I was drunk.